Saturday, October 29, 2011

FORTY COPS ARREST WOMAN FOR OPENING UMBRELLA AT SEATTLE OCCUPY

And the hell of it is, in the midst of this ridiculous and unjust act clearly designed to thwart OWS in Seattle, the cops have such an air of impenetrable dignity as if it is THEY who are the patient ones who must put up with a load of crap. However, I think I did see this self-assurance a little rattled once or twice. This is very powerful video. The camera is right in the cops' faces, absolutely unintimidated by authority.

And notice the anger yet self-restraint of the protestors. They will not be baited. Will this be how fascism of the state and fascism in the heart will be beaten? I think so. I felt enraged at first, a kind of powerless rage. But I am inspired by OWS. My powerless anger became an anger of strength.

No comments: