Friday, June 20, 2008

AMERICAN FASCISTS -- by Chris Hedges

I haven't finished this book yet, but it's good. Damn, but these fundamentalist/dominionists creep me out. And no, I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool secularist, I'm a Christian. As is Hedges.
Started reading Christopher Hitchens' GOD IS NOT GREAT: HOW RELIGION POISONS EVERYTHING, and didn't really read enough to give it a fair review.
But I kind of got tired of hearing what an asshole I am just for believing in god, so I doubt I'll finish it. Hey, I'm open to arguments for atheism, just don't be shittin' on me every page, okay, Chris? You know how YOU react when the religious folks try that on you, don't you?
Still, and all, Hitchens is identifiably human, however much saddled with an ego whose gravitational pull exceeds that of a gas giant planet. On the other hand, the fundamentalists, it seems, are in the process of diligently attempting to erase any semblance of the image of god in themselves, or anywhere else, despite all their pious shite.

No comments: